Our new “College Scholarships” section lists universities’ own financial aid packages, tailored to you.
Where we came from
For two years, we’ve built a platform to allow students, counselors, and parents an easy way to find scholarships they’re eligible for, filter through the noise, and apply to their favorites—all right from our platform. Now, over 200,000 students across 10,000 high schools use Going Merry.
But external, independent scholarships are only one part of the financial equation. Universities themselves also offer financial aid packages.
Introducing: College Scholarships
This page will list a range of colleges we’re working with, to make their financial aid offerings clearer to students. Each college provides an overview of their financial aid program, with examples of aid packages for different household income levels. And when you choose to “Learn more” about any college, we’ll pass on your name and details. This way, the college can reach out to you directly with information tailored to your specific case.
See the introductory walk-through video below:
Which colleges do we feature? UVA and others!
But this is just the beginning; in the coming weeks and months, we’ll be building out this section with more colleges—all of which want to show you just how much money is on the table.
And remember: This direct aid from colleges is all in addition to whatever award money you might win from independent scholarships.
Why did we add this?
We know how difficult it is to navigate how to pay for college. 3 in 4 high school seniors we surveyed said they would change their first choice college, if they got substantial aid somewhere else.
We hope this new College Scholarships section will allow you to make more financially informed decisions about which college you apply for, and which college you choose to attend.
Stay tuned for other features too! We’re building out a range of tools to help students make more financially informed decisions about college.
Not yet using Going Merry?
You might also be interested in:
• The ultimate financial aid guide—including information like what’s FAFSA? What’s a Pell Grant? What’s the difference between a PLUS loan or a Perkins loan?
• 12-step guide on how to apply to scholarships – including some helpful tips to get organized, so you can win that moneys!
• 5 awesome scholarship essays that worked – with examples of winning essays and a breakdown of why they were good
Latest posts by Charlotte Lau (see all)
- A Going Merry scholarship platform demo, for high school counselors - October 1, 2019
- MerryApps: Apply to multiple scholarships simultaneously, using just one scholarship app - September 26, 2019
- What does KIPP Bay Area’s Director of College Admissions Counselors say about Going Merry? - September 26, 2019