Knockout Scholarships for Students in Kentucky for 2019 – 2020
When it comes to financing college tuition, it’s a race to the finish line to apply for scholarships and other education support. With so many deadlines and scholarship options, how do you prioritize? At Going Merry, we bring local and statewide scholarships to you and let you fill out your applications all in one place to make this a seamless process!
Check out the list below of Kentucky scholarships you could apply for!
This scholarship was established in honor of Emma E. Buckley, a long-time philanthropist in Kentucky.
Provider: Blue Grass Community Foundation
A select number of students will be invited to campus to interview for the Cherry Presidential Scholarship. The interviews will be held in early February.
They encourage all students to apply for additional opportunities at https://www.wku.edu/topdollar/, priority consideration is given to applicants who have applied by February 1 each year.
Amount: Up to $16,000
Provider: Western Kentucky University
Students who apply must meet the following requirements:
- High school ranking, GPA, SAT/ACT scores
- Agricultural science/technology majors also eligible.
- Must have been active in extracurricular activities.
- Must be a member of FFA.
- Must have valid mailing address in the U.S.
- Must obtain FFA advisor’s electronic approval on Signature Page.Online application goes live Nov. 15.
- Apply online.
Amount: Up to $25,000
Provider: Future Farmers of America
What are the next steps to apply for financial aid and college scholarships?
First, submit your FAFSA form as soon as possible, on or around October 1, since this will help determine what financial aid you might qualify for.
Second, review these Kentucky scholarship application options:
Then, sign up for Going Merry, to gain access to the millions of dollars worth of scholarships on our platform.
At Going Merry, we make finding and applying for scholarships easy. You’ll fill out a profile and get matched with only scholarships you’re eligible for. You can then filter and save your favorite scholarships, and finally apply for your shortlisted scholarships right on the Going Merry site. We even pre-fill in your profile information, so you’ll never have to enter information twice. Get started today. Sign up here.
Latest posts by Kelly Lamano (see all)
- How to transfer from a community college to a four-year university (and use your credits!) – complete with a suggestedtransfer student timeline - January 9, 2020
- How Do Scholarships Work? Understanding the Scholarship Application Process — with FAQs answered! - December 24, 2019
- How to apply for FAFSA and Federal Student Aid: Everything You Need to Know - December 19, 2019