Majestic Scholarships for Students in Maine for 2021
Worried about how to pay for college? Scholarships are a common form of financial support to pay those tuition bills. Many small, local scholarship funds go unclaimed each year — so don’t let that free money go to waste! At Going Merry, we bring local and statewide scholarships to you.
Check out the below list of Maine scholarships you could apply for.
1. HospitalityMaine Scholarships
The HospitalityMaine Scholarships are open to any Maine student (any age) pursuing a career in the lodging or foodservice field, including employees of HM member organizations. Applicants may be graduates of accredited high schools, high school students applying to a post-secondary program, or enrolled post-secondary students.
2. The GCFM Horticulture Scholarship
Provider: The Garden Club Federation of Maine
GCFM believes in supporting education so they created the GCFM Horticulture Scholarship. Horticulture-based education is supported by the Garden Club Federation of Maine, GCFM Districts, and GCFM local garden clubs. It is today’s students that will be the leaders of tomorrow, ensuring the preservation of our natural resources of the planet Earth. Applicants majoring in Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Design, Conservation, Forestry, Botany, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Environmental Concerns, Ecology, Land Management, and other/or other garden fields.
3. Maine Island Scholarship
Provider: Island Institute
The Maine Island Scholarship supports high-achieving island students with demonstrated financial needs who are pursuing post-secondary education, including non-traditional students. Applicants should demonstrate a high level of commitment to their academics, extracurriculars, communities, and development as leaders.
Loving these scholarships, but need help applying for your government financial aid? We can help you fill out your FAFSA and state aid.
Still need help with financial aid and college scholarships?
We get it. Financing college tuition can be challenging. Here are three steps to make your life a bit easier:
- Submit your FAFSA form as soon as possible. This will help determine what financial aid you might qualify for. The federal government, state government, AND universities all use FAFSA to determine their student aid packages.
- Check out these Maine scholarship application options:
Search for independent high school scholarships on Going Merry. The scholarship award money can go towards your college tuition. How does it work? After you sign up, you’ll answer a few questions to fill out a basic profile. From this profile, we’ll match you to scholarships you’re eligible for. Then you can select your favorites, and apply for them. Get started today. Sign up here.
- Scholarships for Students in Pennsylvania for 2021 - November 11, 2020
- Counselor Starter Guide: How to Use Going Merry’s Scholarship Platform - September 9, 2020
- How to write a financial need statement for your scholarship application (with examples!) - August 13, 2020